Talking to my paintings

People talk to their pets and don't expect an answer per se. Others give a word of encouragement to a plant. Sometimes to no one at all, one might say "what on earth did I come in here for?" None of these are an issue, right?

I noticed recently  just how much some people talk to themselves and inanimate objects.

I've always known I've done it a bit, especially to animals, including cats, dogs, butterflies in the garden, etc...   When a painting is a challenge, I also talk to it.   I've caught myself  talking to the painting for it to dry faster or for the paint mix to be lighter or darker. You can imagine what I say when accidents happen. Maybe I just can't shut up;-).

This weekend I'm getting ready for the "Art in the Park" being held at the Central Experimental Farm next Saturday, August 12th. Getting ready, means finishing framing some of my paintings and packing up the tent, grids and other items.

Next Sunday August 13th, I have an exhibit at a different venue. I feel honored to have been invited to exhibit at an Italian wine tasting event.

I finished the painting I was working on recently and that you might have seen in previous blogs.  I'll have it with me at the "Art on the Farm."
Danielle Beaulieu old wagon - talking to paintings

Our recent camping trip in the Adirondack was cancelled due to severe bad weather. To make up for it, I painted of a scene of the creek that flows along the road from Lake Placid and Keene.   It is framed in an old window as you can see.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour creek - talking to paintings
I still have to find a title for these two paintings.  This is something I always struggle with.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments