Inspiration from my garden

With all of the rain we got this year, my garden was outstanding. Plants grew to heights I had never seen and the blooms were larger than ever. 2017 will be a memorable summer.  There were so many spectacular blooms that I'm unable to choose a favourite. I took many many photos and I'll certainly use some of them as inspiration for future paintings.

Not only was there an abundance of blooms in the garden, there were many fruits and vegetables.  I had more wild strawberries than I had every seen. They grew through my vegetable garden, in the flower beds and all over the ditches.
Here is a painting that I'm working on. This painting combines a few photos to show the strawberries in various stages from the blooms to the fruit being ready to be eaten.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour work in progress
I'm fortunate that my garden provides much inspiration.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments