Summer season coming to an end

At this time of the year, outdoor colours are changing. The leaves of some trees in the yard have started turning yellow or red. It's not that I don't like the fall season. The forests are absolutely stunning at that time of the year. The end of the summer season signifies that the gardening season is coming to an end (at least for a number of months). That makes me sad.  This year has been a fabulous one in the garden. With all of the rain and recent redesign of certain parts of the gardens, I was very impressed with the spectacle the garden gave us every day.  Mother Nature has been very generous to us this year.

In addition to beautiful flowers, we also saw many butterflies (mostly monarch), bees and grasshoppers this summer in the garden.

On the flip side, I didn't paint as much as I normally do this summer. This was partly because I travelled more than usual for work and pleasure, then I had art shows a couple of weekends.

In the coming months I have a few more trips I need to do. However, I will not have to share my time between gardening and paintings.  As a result, I will no longer feel torn between these two passions.

Here is a painting that I'm almost finished. After letting it sit for a few days, I'll have more perspective on how to finish it off.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of monarch
What shall I paint next? a landscape, strawberries, apples? I have too many photos to choose from.  What a wonderful problem to have ;-)

Hope you have a wonderful week,

Danielle

Comments