Back to the routine

After a wonderful vacation in Tuscany, it takes time to adjust to my day to day routine.  However, the best part of my routine is having time to play with my watercolours.  While in Tuscany, we not only visited a number of art galleries, we found a number of art supply stores. I bought a few tubes of paint  (from MaimeriBlu and made in Italy) and a great little sketching book with my favorite type of paper - Fabriano, an Italian paper.

I was fortunate that I had a day off before returning to work and I spent a number of those hours painting. During that time I was able to paint some white snow drops. The weather was beautiful in Tuscany and therefore they still had blooms.  This is where my inspiration came to paint spring bulbs and I want to start off again with a simple painting.

Snow drops have delicate blooms as you can see below.  It will be a number of months before I see them in the garden. Until then, I can look at these and pretend that Spring is coming, even if it is months away.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour snow drops

The next couple of months will be busy since I have a few exhibits to prepare. Next weekend, starting on Friday October 20th, I'll be at the Nepean Fines Arts show at the Banquet Hall at 1000 Byron Avenue, Ottawa, Ontario. I may have these new snow drops at the show.

Shortly after that I'll have two other exhibits, including being featured in the new gallery in Cumberland, Ontario. More to follow on that shortly.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments