Rusty hay rake

When I see old farm equipment, I'm reminded of how my grandparents worked long hours. They had to master a number of different skills to survive on the farm. It's also interesting to think how the skills that were so necessary not so many years ago are not necessary for today's modern workforce.

In looking at old farm equipment, that doesn't appear to be that old to me, I have an appreciation for the challenges and skills my grandparents had.  

With the amount of work my grandparents had to do on the farm, I doubt they had much leisure time.  We are lucky for modern conveniences that provide us with leisure time for hobbies such as painting.

Here is one of my latest paintings of an antique hay rake that brings back many memories.  I enjoyed painting all of the curved rusty lines.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of rusty hay rake

Last weekend, I was at an art show and I enjoyed meeting numerous art admirers. Thanks to those who came to visit.  It's necessary for our communities to develop art appreciation.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments