Paintings in new Exhibits

Glazing is a technique that I often use in watercolours. It is a term for layering colour (also known as washes) on top of an existing dry layer of paint. I like this technique because you are able to see through the transparent layers to the ones below. This works well because most watercolour colours that I use are transparent.

I use this technique for still lives, including fabric, glass, old metal, etc. and florals.  I also use it in portions of my landscapes, for example on rocks.

This technique allows me to have deeper colours and to modify the colours.   It's an effective approach because it could also give paintings the illusion of depth, In landscapes it helps to give the impression of distance with different layers or different depths in water or to give dimensions to objects.


This is a great week, I'll be brining three paintings for hanging in the Shenkman Arts Center. Two of them are part of the Arteast Ottawa juried show called "Mosaic" and the other is going on the Promenade wall as part of an exhibit to recognize volunteers.  The three paintings are below.

The vernissage of the two exhibits will be held at the same time - 1-3pm on Sunday, February 11, 2018 at the Shenkman Arts Center.
Danielle Beaulieu watercolours on exhibit
Have a wonderful week,
Danielle


p.s. you can subscribe to this email at: http://danielleswatercolours.blogspot.ca/

Comments