Facing new challenges

It's easy to detect when I attempt to paint something different and challenging.  From the beginning, I'm easily distracted. It seems that when I start drawing or a complicated section, I have an urge to do a bit of house cleaning or reorganize the drawers in my studio.

In the past week, I started a new painting of apples in a plastic bag.  Painting apples are new to me. However, what intimidates me the most is the plastic bag. How does one paint a clear material?

Here is the painting half way to completion.  Even if it is intimidating to try something new, there is also a greater sense of accomplishment at each stage.

DAnielle Beaulieu WIP applies in bag

In the next week, I continue to prepare for my first solo show of painting of antiques that opens in about 1 week.

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments