Another year

Another wonderful year is coming to the end.  I've had some wonderful experiences in the past year.  Art continues to present wonderful opportunities. Most importantly, it's the friendships with artists that I treasure most.

I can only hope that next year brings new wonderful experiences with these friends.  

The year is starting off with  few planned exhibits:
  • my solo exhibit at MIFO ends in a week and I was fortunate to sell a few paintings;
  • a new painting (see below) will be hanging on the Promenade wall in the Shenkman Center for a couple of months;
  • two paintings will be on exhibit in a week in Trinity Gallery, Shenkman Center as part of the Ottawa Watercolour Society. Each painting has been awarded a jury prize and one of them has won second place; and
  • I'll be making a return to the Da Artisti Gallery.  If you haven't stopped by this beautiful gallery, you are missing out. 
In addition, I will continue my series on antique items, as I have been selected to exhibit in a city gallery in a year from now.  I'm also starting a new series on crystal and hoping that a friend will participate with me.

I'm extremely proud that my husband has decided to exhibit his marquetry.  What a debut he will have.  He will be exhibiting a number of his art works in Da Artisti Gallery in a few days for a couple of months and he will also be exhibiting one of his best marquetry on the Promenade wall in the Shenkman Center for a couple of months. Stop by the gallery in the afternoon of January 5th to chat with Brian about his amazing art.

Here is my latest painting.  I saw this old jar of clothes pins in a shop in Almonte when visiting with dear friends a couple of months ago.


Happy new year to you and your family

Danielle

Comments