What an experience!

The vernissage for my first solo exhibit at the MIFO centre was a couple of days ago and what a wonderful experience it was. There are no words to express my gratitude to the friends, family  and others who came to this event.  Here are a few photos.  I'd like to thank my good friend Maureen Rooney Mitchell for taking some of the photos, my son for the beautiful presentation of food and my  husband for continued support.

Danielle Beaulieu solo show what an experience

My next solo exhibit is scheduled to open on January 9th in Salon A of the Trinity Art Gallery in the Shenkman Center.  It will also be an exhibit of watercolours of antiques.  I'm looking forward to continuing my journey of painting antiques.

Currently, my paintings involve other themes. I'm working on one involving candies and crystal.  This requires a completely different palette of bright colours as opposed to rusty browns and reds.  Here is the work in progress.  Although it's not completed, I'm considering call it "Sugar Rush".

Danielle Beaulieu work in progress candies

One of the challenges with subjects like this is making sure family members do not eat my props.  If you have an answer to this problem, let me know.

Recently, I visited the Sugar Mountain store and purchased more bright candies because this is so much fun.  Painting the crystal is a completely different challenge.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments