One down, one more to go

Last weekend, I had a request for one commission.  Lucky me, the order turned out to be two commission paintings in a two week period.  The client had seen my recent solo show at MIFO and had already bought one of my painting (the old typewriter). Therefore, they new exactly what my style was. Since the request is to paint something along the same style, I was thrilled with this venture.

That's not to say that there isn't any anxiety that comes with this experience.  Normally I don't stress  much when painting because if it doesn't turn out, I just paint on the other side of the paper.  When a client normally buys a painting they see the finished product. When painting a commission, I worry if the client will like it since all we have agreed to is a photo.  In this particular case, time is tight and I'm hoping not to have to start over either one.

This past week was a good week and I was fortunate to be able to dedicate many hours to painting. Here is the first commission.  Fingers crossed that the client likes it.


Today I start the second one which will be about 75% the size of the first one.

Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments