Art on the Farm

Every year the Friends of the Central Experimental Farm (a volunteer organization helping to care for the Arboretum, the Ornamental Gardens and other public areas of the Central Experimental Farm in Ottawa) organizes "Art on the Farm".  I'm happy to be participating again this year.

This year's event will be held on Saturday August 17, 2019, from 10am to 4pm (rain date Sun Aug 18) in the Arboretum (east of the Prince of Wales roundabout). It will showcase local and regional artists displaying and selling their original artwork.

I have been participating in this event for a few years and have been fortunate to have good weather each time. There isn’t a more beautiful setting than under the luxurious canopy of the Arboretum! This local art fair has an intimate feel and can be valuable sources for new buyers. Due to the peaceful environment, it's easy for artists and potential clients to get to know each other,


During this event, I will be promoting not only my watercolours that I will have with me and at Da Artisti Gallery,  but also watercolour classes that I will be teaching at Da Artisti Gallery and Studio starting Thursday, September 12, 2019. This will be a four week course where newcomers to watercolour can learn the basics of watercolour in a supportive environment. No previous painting experience required. By the end of each class that will focus on a different aspect of this beautiful medium, participants will have learned a key watercolour component and practiced it by producing a small painting. Some of the learnings will include use of materials, importance of values, mixing colours and design principles. 

In the past week, I finished this painting. It is now hanging in Da Artisti Gallery.

Here is the new painting that I am currently working on and will finish this week.  It's been a couple of years since I painted blue jars.

    Have a great week and I hope that you can pop by Art on the Farm next Saturday

    Danielle

    Comments