Take 2

This past week I decided to paint a landscape for a special easel that I have.  I went through my numerous photos and decided on a little creek in the Adirondacks.  The next step was to crop the photo to fit into the square frame.

As I was completing the drawing, I remembered painting the same scene about 2 years ago.  Oh well I thought, why not paint that scene again but using a different approach and different colours. For this latest painting I used mostly a couple of blues and burnt sienna and a water bottle to create a variety of texture.

Here is the painting I completed 2 years ago.

Here is my new one. It will be completed after I add cracks to the rocks.

This is what it will look like in the special easel.

I'll probably paint a couple of other  scenes similar to this.
Have a great week,

Danielle


Comments