Thinking of summer

I really can't complain too much about this winter. It's been relatively mild and we've had far less snow than last year. At this time of the year, I enjoy going through my camping photos. The photos help me dream of future aventures.

A few of the photos motivated me to paint landscapes. It's been a while since I had painted a landscape. The approach to painting a landscape is different from an antique item. Because I haven't been doing it regularly, this latest painting required much much thought and planning. This is a scene from Killarney Provincial Park.

Danielle Beaulieu - scene from Killarney provincial park

In the coming years, I hope to balance my topics between still life and landscapes.  I've also signed up for classes with a local watercolorist (Brian Turner) whose art work I admire.

Have a great weekend,

Danielle

Comments