Creativity and Sense of Accomplishment

I'm forever thankful that I discovered art making and the creative, peaceful head space it gives me to tune into the present moment and tune out of the bustle of modern life. It's widely accepted that art relieves stress, encourages creative thinking, increases brain plasticity, and imparts other mental health benefits.

In addition, it stimulates communication between various parts of the brain. The good news is that you don’t have to produce fine art to reap the benefits of creating.

Without the back and forth of working as a public servant and creating art, now that I am retired my mind is regularly clear and calm. Being able to create art on a daily basis allows me to have a regular sense of accomplishment.


Here is a small sketch I completed recently. I may be creating a 18" X 36" version of this.



Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments