On the way to Jasper

Almost two years ago I had the pleasure of visiting Banff and Jasper.  I particularly liked the drive from one to the other and back.  The scenery was absolutely stunning.  There were numerous snow capped mountains over-looking pine filled slopes, impossibly iridescent lakes, deer, elks, mountain goats, wolf and bear along the 289 km drive.

The mountains along the Icefield Parkway are probably the most spectacular I have seen. Around each bend was a new vista, and we couldn’t resist stopping to take another dozen photos.  I came back home with hundreds of photos.  Many were taken through the front window of the car.

This new painting is derived from a photo taken during that drive.
On The Way To Jasper


Here is the original photo.
I'd love to go back later in the summer.

My next painting projects are for my son's new house.

Have a great week,

Danielle




Comments