The Glorious Sunflower

24" X 18"
The sunflower, with its tall stem and big and sunny face, is probably one of the most recognized flowers in the world. It’s been used as a symbol for deities, of summer, and of various environmental movements.

These flowers with overlapping petals, usually yellow but also sometimes "redish", face east when in an open field. They come in a variety of sizes. I plant sunflower seeds for the birds, directly in the soil late in May.  However, the racoons always get to them first.

The sunflower will be the theme in one of my bathrooms. I hadn't painted a sunflower in more than 3-4 of years. This past week I painted two with one more to follow in the coming days.

Here is the first one that I painted. It is based on the same photo that I am using with my online class. However, this one is much larger than the one I'll finish with the class today.



Here is the second sunflower that I completed this week. This one is slightly smaller than the one above.

16" X 20"

Have a great week

Danielle

Comments