Barns and more barns

Do old barns call to you as they do to me? I have a weird attraction to barns, especially old broken down ones. There's a beauty in their age. When driving along a country road and I see an old barn, I often pull over and get out of the car with camera in hand, climb over the broken fence and take a photo of a slice of history.

Why are barns attractive? Are they a symbol of simplicity in a hectic life? Do they bring us closer to our roots and natural? Are they remnants of a by-gone era?

This past week I painted this old barn.  I most enjoyed painting this night sky.


16" X 12" + frame


This is another painting in frames I purchased years ago, hence I'm selling it only to recover the costs of material. This one has anti-glare glass. 


Have a great week,

Danielle

Comments