Artists supporting one another

In my limited experience, I have not found the artist community to be very supportive amongst each other. This was echoed by artists in the recent Art Summit I listened to.  Some artists conduct themselves like art is a competitive environment.

By being supportive I mean more than being kind and "liking" other artists posts on social media, although in certain circles this isn't even happening.  It would be ideal if artists: 
  • shared their art knowledge and discussed various aspects of their art including supplies;
  • shared events and calls for entry to shows and exhibits;
  • shared news of new galleries;
  • provided honest constructive feedback when requested;
  • held discussions groups to bounce ideas off one another and swap stories about running an art business;
  • recommended colleagues for opportunities;
  • etc.
Have you also experience the lack of support?

To fill the vacuum that exists, I'm considering creating an online group that would meet once a month to exchange and support one another in the manners listed above.  Members would be invited to join.  Would you be interested?


In the past week, I painted my Christmas card for the upcoming holiday season. This year I chose a subject that is light-hearted.   I'll be sending it to a printer this week.


I've been painting our Christmas card for the past years. Here are some of the cards of previous years.

Have a great day,

Danielle

Comments