Great News

I have some very exciting news. This year, and for the first time, I applied to the Canadian Society of Painters in Water Colour Open Exhibit. There were more than 350 entries from around the world (China, USA, Australia, India, Malaysia, Switzerland, Spain, Bangladesh and United Arab Emirates) and one of my two submissions got accepted.  It's thrilling to be in the same exhibit as international artists I've been admiring for years.

Here is the painting that will form part of that online exhibit.  Watch my Facebook page or this website (https://cspwc.ca/) for the link to that full exhibit tomorrow.


These past two weeks, I've been busy painting a few small paintings for a "small artworks" exhibit at Da Artisti Gallery in Cumberland. There will be a number of talented local artists participating in this exhibit that opens on November 4, 2020.  I'll let you know shortly what day that I'll be at the gallery and be available to discuss my paintings.

Small artworks makes great gifts because each piece is so personal, from the creation of the work itself to choosing a particular piece for a friend. Receiving something so unique will without a doubt make the recipient feel very special. Furthermore, since art lasts a lifetime, you'll always share that connection.

The following paintings might be smaller (mostly 10" X 10") than my normal size but they certainly were not easier to paint.


In all likelihood, not all will be included in this exhibit. A couple will be deemed as "spares".
This exhibit of small artworks for $100 and under ensures that art remains accessible for Christmas gifts.  

Now I'm off to paint something for my annual Christmas card.  And no it's not too early to paint this as I have to get the cards printing and then mail them out.  Since everything seems to take longer to ship these days, it's time to get that card done.

Have a great week,

Danielle









Comments