In the "Zone"

I'm extremely fortunate that I have an ability of “being in the Zone” when painting or gardening or other activities. There is nothing like the exhilaration you feel when completely absorbed in the pursuit of something difficult. I can paint for hours despite hunger or fatigue when the painting is going well. The only motivation is the work itself.

When in the "Zone", I'm totally absorbed in what I'm doing. During this period my thoughts and actions must be in sync.

There are definite benefits of being in the Zone. More than anything, it’s enjoyable. But science has shown that being in the Zone has unexpected benefits. People with a predilection for getting into the Zone were less likely to feel depressed or burned out from work.

Tips for getting into the "Zone" include focusing confidently, quieting your brain or practicing your skill.

Here is one of three small paintings I completed this week.

9" X 12" - The Gaze


Here is a cropped version of my next painting. If I don't have too many other things going on this week, I might be finished by next weekend.


If you're looking for a unique gift idea for Christmas, consider affordable art.  On this site you'll find some great finds: https://daniellebeaulieu-watercolours.square.site/s/shop  and here is my regular website http://www.danielleswatercolours.ca/ with larger paintings.   
I'm in the process of converting everything to one site. Stay tuned.

Have a great week,

Danielle







Comments