Happy New Year

As glasses are raised and fireworks explode into the sky, it’s important to recognize the special symbolism that the New Year brings.  This is a time for reflections. A New Year is like a blank watercolour paper, and the brush is in your hands. It is your chance to paint a beautiful story for yourself. 

In the past year, Brian (my husband) and I undertook some major renovations in the yard. The gardens are looking spectacular.  I also transitioned to online watercolour teaching and have met some great people along the way.  In addition, I took advantage of too many online sessions about travel and the art world.

In the past week, I painted some ribbons that I photographed a while ago in the Papery store on Bank Street.  This was the original photo I used.

Going through this photo and numerous others, I searched for a section that was interesting to the eye, but not too busy. This process took weeks.  Once I landed on a section that I was pleased with, I converted it to black and white.



Then the fun begun. Choosing what colours I should use where took a few more days.

It's been weeks in the making but here is my final painting.  Now I need to come up with a title.


For 2021,  I'm excited that my son and his fiancĂ© are getting married in the garden in June.  It will mean a busy winter growing new flowers and spring in the garden.

I also have workshops starting in less than 2 weeks.

Now I'm off to figure out my next painting.

Happy New Year.

Danielle

P.s., I'll be inviting subscribers to this blog to my new website.

Comments