Too much paper

I hope that you had a great week.

For the past couple of months I've been desperately searching for good watercolour paper. I ran out of  Fabriano Artistico 300lbs cold press in early November and have since been browsing every art supply store in Canada that I could find and placed orders. Two days ago, I noticed that DeSerres had some of my favorite paper and... my order will be here shortly. That's the good news, the flip side is that I'm probably going to have enough paper in a few weeks to open my own store once all orders arrive.

This past week I prepared for my upcoming 3 workshops. The first one is tomorrow and the others start next weekend.  Next Tuesday I'm participating in an online workshop with Bradley Hendershot that will last for 6 weeks.  I'm a big fan of his paintings and am looking forward to learning his tips and painting scenes with old buildings. During this past week, my husband and I drove the Cumberland area and took a number of pics of old buildings, including farms so I am looking forward to painting some of them in the Bradley Hendershot workshop.

It's been a great watercolour week since I painted numerous hours. Working on a scene of rocks under water with ripples was a challenge but since I love painting rocks there were some moments that were easier. The painting is about 99% done. Right now it is sitting on an easel as I try to see if there is anything else I need to tweak.

Shallow Waters - 27" X 17"



Next week, I'll be finalizing my next workshop. I'll just say that there will be some snow.

I encourage you to sign up to my new newsletter and checkout out my new website: https://www.daniellebeaulieuwatercolours.com/

Have a great upcoming week,




Comments