Watercolor Conference

These past days I had the most wonderful time at the Watercolor Live conference. It's been three long days (+11 hours per day) of watching amazing watercolorists sharing their passion online.  I've been admiring a number of them for many many years. I enjoyed seeing:

  • Soon Y Warren paint brilliant shadows and mouth watering cherries. I may paint the cherries as an exercise;
  • Jean Pederson apply more than a dozen layers of paint on a portrait to bring out life. I'm happy to say that Jean is a Canadian;
  • Linda Baker provide the most diplomatic in insightful critiques about composition;
  • John Salminen paint the most beautiful reflections on wet asphalt;
  • Dan Marshall created an enchanting rural scene;
  • Angus McEwan show us how he applies multiple layers of paint to create a rusty lock;
  • Matthew Bird demonstrate how he mounts his watercolours to an aluminum panel then varnishes it;
  • Stephen Zhang mesmerize us with his stunning portrait;
  • Laurin McCracken impress us with the level of patience for his realistic still life; and
  • Joseph Zbukvic make his mastery of watercolour seem poetic.

I thought you might like this list of resources:  http://www.lauringallery.com/inprint.htm  

This week, I will be able to re-watch these sessions and catch all of the tips I may have missed.  I wish I could paint along some of them, but there just isn't enough hours in a week. I'm also going to get ready for the three workshops that I'm teaching next weekend.

All of the sessions provided great tips and as a result, I have already registered for Watercolor Live 2022.

In the past weeks, I worked on a colorful painting for a local couple. Working on a commission always creates lots of stress.  However, I was excited to work on this commission because I loved the reference photo that was provided to me.

Here it is. It is mounted on a 36" X 18" gallery panel.  I'm proud to be delivering it today.

Line Them Up - 36" X 18"


I'm excited to announce that I am participating in Da Artisti's next exhibition entitled "Is It Spring Yet". For this exhibit, you'll find some colorful artworks such as this:
Peaking Through - 24" X 20"


Have a great week.

Danielle







p.s.  I encourage you to sign up to my newsletter to receive updates on latest paintings and most importantly new workshops as these sometimes fill up within a day or two of being posted

Comments