Hollyhocks

Don't you find that hollyhocks are one of the prettiest flowers to add to a garden? My pink ones are delicate and make a real impact when planted amongst other flowers or greenery because they are so tall.

A number of people consider hollyhocks as one of the staples of cottage garden. They come is a range of pinks and bloom during the summer.

A couple of weeks ago, I was looking for a photo of a landscape to insert into one of my small old windows. Since the window has numerous panes making it difficult to plan a landscape I thought I would paint a different scene. Enter hollyhocks.

Here is the painting sitting on my easel.

Tall and Proud



The small window isn't stripped of its old paint but here it is.  It might be ready in the coming month.



Have a great week and stay safe.

Danielle

Comments