Trusting Your Intuition

I've always trusted my intuition. When I used to work for the Government of Canada, I trusted my intuition for a number of things which most times turned out to be the right thing to do. It should come as no surprise that I use my intuition when painting.

Many people that I know do not trust their intuition.  I strongly believe that intuition is one of the keys that can help everyone be more successful.  You can build trust in your intuition by allowing it to make minor decisions.  For example, you can let your intuition decide which photo to paint next,  Then let your intuition choose what palette to use.  

You can trust your intuition to make more and more decisions about your painting or other areas of interest.  I also listen to my intuition when travelling and it has led me to some unforgettable memories.

If you're not sure if you have intuition or not sure what that feeling is? It’s a "knowing" or at the very least a gentle persuasion that something is off, or awesome, or needs our attention. It’s subtle and doesn’t clamor for attention, which is why it’s easily missed.  To trust your intuition, calm your inside and listen to your mind.

Here is the latest demo painting for my class at the Kanata Art Club. This was my first painting of coins and what better place to start then the discontinued Canadian pennies.  I'm calling this one "A Penny For Your Thoughts".

A Penny For You Thoughts - 16" X 12" 



Next week we start painting to old Ball jars.

In the past couple of weeks, I've been working on a large painting of quilts.  Quilts used to be full of memories. Our grandmothers made them from garments that no longer fit.  I have a quilt made by my grandmother. It has remnants of a blue velvet dress that I had when I was extremely young.  There is an old wool blanket on the inside which makes this quilt very heavy and warm.  My husband also has a couple of quilts that his mother made.

Here is the progress of this painting.
Work in progress



Warmest wishes for a joyful and Easter Sunday!

Danielle







Comments