Every day, I try to progress from the work I am currently doing. While I feel like my technical skills are improving and that I have a recognizable style, there are other aspects to learn to evolve. In the past year, I've taking some interesting workshops and lately, I've been taking composition workshops

This is why next weekend, I start a 6-week class with Angus McEwan, one of the world's watercolour masters.  I'm so excited to learn some new skills and have my work critique by someone who is one of the best in the world.

When I start that class, I may not have much free time to paint some personal projects.  This is why this weekend I started a new painting with a silver teapot and a few small cups.  Here is where I'm at. You can imagine that it may take me all week to paint the details of the fabric.




In just over a week, a dozen of my small paintings will be hanging in Da Artisti Gallery in Cumberland ON.  

Here are two new paintings that you'll find in that exhibition






During the next  couple of months I hope to be painting more small paintings and will be teaching two workshops before the holidays. In addition, on November 10th, I'll be giving a demo to the members of the Kanata Art Club.

Have a great week and stay tuned on the progress of my latest painting and new paintings.

Danielle







Comments