Having ideas and putting them out there takes guts.  Exploring new ideas and stretching ourselves may feel natural at times and other times it feels counter-intuitive.

Do you trust your guts? For the most part I trust my six sense. This feeling of deeper wisdom has always served me well.  When I was working as a public servants, I felt like the odd ball at times because I just "knew" how to approach things and most of the times I was right.  I did not fit the regular "profile' for a  Director".  Senior management who learned to trust me also recognized this "gift".  I didn't always know why things should be approached in certain ways but then I could always position it to make sense.

As an artist, I also trust my six sense in how I approach a painting, how I take reference photos and a number of other things such as selecting topics to paint which is probably one of the most important "gut" decisions.  

The gut is not an irrational part of ourselves, nor is listening to it necessarily an irrational act, ignoring all reason, but it might just be pre-rational.

Here is a painting that I'm working on.  This one took an odd turn when I painted peeled paint as the background.  Yup, what was I thinking of?  Luckily for dark backgrounds to cover it up.


This is where I'm at with my last demo for my class with Kanata Art Club.  I'll be finishing this painting in the coming days.

WIP - 21" X 17"



Speaking of Kanata Art Club, there are only a few spots left of my upcoming class on colourful fabrics.



Have a great week

Danielle



Comments