Recently I was chatting with an artist friend about which path we want to take our watercolours. We each had clarity with what we want to focus on. What a great feeling.

Although I've dabbled with loose style and want to get better at it, an extensive exploration of this style will not be in my near future. I feel that there is much more that I can learn about texture, still life, etc.  all painted in a realist manner.   Looking back, I see that I've made some progress every year along this path and this motivates me to see where this path will lead me.

I consider myself very fortunate to have this watercolorist friend. We truly support and understand each other even if we are on different paths We share one common aspect, we each want to keep learning, evolving and improving our respective artworks.

Following a number of small artworks and taking a number of reference photos for my upcoming class in crystal, I am motivated to paint a larger painting (about 26" X 20") of various crystal items and a tea pot that I have. This is certainly the most ambitious painting that I have undertaken to date.  As you can see, I'm in the early stages.

WIP - Title TBD


Here is my most recent small painting. 


Luckily, I have enough paintings of various sizes for the upcoming Wall Candy Expo coming up in a few weeks.  I hope that you will come and visit.  The layout of the booths will guarantee social distancing.

If anyone is looking for barely used affordable frames, please check out my adds on Facebook Marketplace.

Have a great week,

Danielle





Comments