Behaviour of Thriving Artists

Artists who thrive often kind have a certain kind of behaviour.

A lot of this behaviour has to do with what these artists have to say.  They tend to be optimistic and keep a smile regardless of their environment. Maybe they are just good at avoiding the negative, including the gossips and games some play.

I have a friend that meets this profile. When I'm in his company you can feel the positive energy.  He's also an instructor and all his classes have a waiting list. There is a good reason for that and it's not all about the fact that he's a fantastic artist.  He's positive energy is contagious.

This past week, I learned that he will be moving a few provinces away.  Isn't is a good thing that we are so familiar with zoom now to stay in touch.

If you're in the vicinity of the St Laurent Shopping Centre, I'd very much appreciate if your drop by our Pop Up Art Gallery. We're there until Friday April 29, 2022.  This is the perfect time to pick up a Mother's Day gift.

Today I have two paintings for you. This first one is of a maple spout. This was a demo from a workshop a few weeks ago.



This second painting is also a demo . This one was for the Kanata Art Club's Furry Friends class.  This was the first time that I painted a dog.

Not only am I sad that a kind hearted friend is moving away, I'm also sad that I will not see most class participants until the Fall when we'll be painting macro views of water and nature.  It's amazing the bond that we can feel when teaching, even through zoom.


 I still have two coming up, one to paint some orchids and the other to paint a tulip. 


Now that classes and workshops are almost over, I will focus on my series of crystal and silver.  Here is what I'm working on now.  It's taking a few days just for the drawing.


Have a creative week,

Danielle







Comments