Digital photos

Recently I was looking for photos of a site I visited a few times.  This meant finding and going through a number of old physical photo albums. If you're like me, it's not something that can be done quickly because as soon as you open a page you start looking a photos you weren't looking for and letting wonderful memories come back to you.


Things have changed with digital cameras and phones. We take and look at photos differently.  Back then we didn't take hundreds and even thousands of photos when on vacation, so going through a photo album of a trip with friends is doable.  Today people take thousands of photos, a number of them with new subjects such as meals.  Will we even take the time to go back and go through those photos in a few years?  


I must admit to taking hundreds of photos when I set up a still life.  Every one is slightly different which allows me to find a set up that I'm satisfied with.


For this particular scene, I didn't take hundreds of photos because I was simply testing the natural light from my husband's office.  It just happened that I love the prism effect of the crystal on this old tablecloth.  This painting is sitting on my easel waiting to see if I'll add anything to it.



Now I will return to my painting of the Garnier Opera.


On Tuesday evenings, I hold an open studio for my students.  This week we'll finish a beautiful swan and a rustic old door with paint peeling and some rust.  Stay tuned for the progress from those sessions.


Have a creative week,

Danielle




Comments