Break Over

It seems that every time I look out into the vegetable garden from my office, I see life.  There are those adorable bunnies eating peas, carrots, etc.  The chipmunks are burying acorns everywhere they can or eating the seeds that I plant. Soon, they'll be eating tomatoes.  The previous two critters give me much pleasure to look at, unlike the groundhogs which eats everything, including cucumber leaves and surrounding flowers.  I have tried to chase them away, but they keep coming back.  As for the skunks, they dig holes anywhere they think they can find grubs.  The birds eat anything they can, including all of my blueberries.

Though those views may not exist for my pleasure, they bring much enjoyment. I am thankful that I chose to build my home and live in a rural area.  I see wildlife every day and have surrounded myself with beautiful gardens.

At the end of May I normally set aside teaching watercolours to focus on the pleasures of the garden and forest.  At about this time of the year I start thinking of my upcoming workshops and classes in the Fall.  This year is no different.

My class for the Kanata Art Club entitled "Light On Water's Edge" has already been scheduled and registration opens on August 20th for KAC members.  Now I need to take and locate some reference photos and start planning the classes for each of the 6 weeks.  This will be a class for those who enjoy details.


I'm considering the following topics for Fall workshops. Each of these would be 2-3 Saturday's.  Once I have decided which ones I'll be teaching, you can find them on my website.


When I'm not planning upcoming classes or workshops or gardening, I'm painting.  My painting of old perfume bottles and a jewelry box is almost done.  I'm pretty sure that it will be completed for my next blog.

As for my painting of the old door with peeling paint, this is where I'm at. 



Tomorrow, I'll be painting the wood with my personal open studio group.  Next week, we'll paint the rust.  I look forward to framing it in an old window frame and bringing it to the Buckhorn Festival of the Arts on August 13 and 14th.

Have a creative week,

Danielle


Comments