Do you want to live in a world without art?

We often hear that we don't really "need" art. Some believe that it's not as important as feeding yourself or shelters or saving the world. However, can we live in a world without music, visual arts, poetry, dance and great stories? These are the things for which we live, the things among others, that give us joy and  most importantly give meaning to life.  Art has inexpressible value. The overall social impact of the arts is essential to understand. Cultures big and small unite through the arts to build better communities.

I suggest that you visit your local gallery on a regular basis.

During my open studio for some of my class participants, I painted this sleeping swan. I'm calling it "Snooze".  




Have a creative week,
Danielle


 




Comments