Mental Practice

We often hear how mental practice is crucial for athletes. It helps them improve concentration, control emotional response, develop strategy, etc. Athletes who exercise mental practice give themselves an edge over the competition.


I suspect that artists also benefit from mental practice.  Here are a few areas that artists can develop.

  • Concentration:  the capacity to focus
  • Visualization: the sight of the potential
  • Curiosity: the need to explore and be intrigued
  • Drive: the need to be persistent and consistent
  • Patience: the need to not count time
  • Flow: the finding of inner peace and letting go 

More than a month ago, I started a painting of the inside staircase of the Palais Garnier in Paris. I am very pleased  with how it looks like in its final stage.  It is sitting on my easel.  I look forward to exhibiting at the Buckhorn Festival of the Arts in mid-August.


Palais Garnier - 22" X 28"

Now I'm off to start a new painting with crystal and silver. Stay tuned.


Have a creative week

Danielle



Comments