Artists overstaying their welcome while I'm trying to sell

Last weekend, I had a great time exhibiting at the Buckhorn Festival of the Arts. There were a few watercolorists  who visited  my booth to check out my artwork and get tips and talk shop. These types of visitors are not really customers since they don’t buy art works. 

I feel flattered when other artists asks me questions, the issue with these visitors is that they stay longer and keep me from spending quality time with real collectors who walk in my booth and feel they are interrupting. In addition, I've missed the opportunity to connect with the customer and potentially make a sale.  Excusing myself from someone to talk to another person feels awkward and is something that I need to learn to do.  I do not want to be rude or appear rude to the potential customer.
 
Almost all these artists never buy anything.  I started buying art in my twenties, many years before I started painting,   I now feel as though it’s good to buy other artists' work as it creates good karma. I continue to buy art and it’s fun!!! But I do not take up an artist's time at an exhibit.
 
However, when foot traffic is slow, I do welcome the chit chat.
 
In any event, here are some of my recently sold artworks. Thank you so much to all of the collectors. 
My upcoming class with the Kanata Art Club is full, however, we're trying to see about scheduling a second one.  If interested, do contact the KAC  and leave your coordinates to be on the waiting list.  You could also sign up to my newsletter to find out when it will be.


It's exciting that I've been asked to again participate in the Da Artisti Gallery's small artworks show in November and December 2022. For this exhibit, I will be creating some new small paintings. Stay tuned!
 
Have a creative week,
 
Danielle



Comments