Art education

 

Where does one get and art education? If you google this question, a crazy amount of options will pop up.  A number of people are struggling to learn with books.   There are a number of platforms (i.e. Terracotta) offering classes, some platforms require you to subscribe for a full year. The most popular continues to be through classes and workshops.  At the heart of workshops you'll find some authoritative professionals whose motto is to share.  Others will talk more than they can do. Students can pick from top tier instructors or lesser well know artist who have much to offer.

These days there is a rise in coaches offering different types of services.  Some coaches are asking for exorbitant ($10,000) fees, so beware.  However, most are reasonable.

My last class with Kanata Art Club finished this past week.  Would you believe that we spent 5 weeks working on a single painting.  Boy was it worth it in the end. 

Almost everyone who has participated in one of my classes or workshops knows how bad I am at estimated how long it will take to complete a painting.  This painting was no exception.  When I was preparing the drawing, I knew that this was going to take so many more hours than I had planned.  I worked every day on this painting and offered participants an insane number of recordings for them to follow.

Ripples - 28"X 21"

The reward was not completing my painting but seeing how well the class participants were doing.

Have a creative week

Danielle



Comments