Participated in a great Workshop

Painting requires an awareness of not only the big strokes but in the subtleties hardly noticed by others, the small details often give the overall look of the painting its complexity and nuance.   The same could probably be said of the way we live our lives.  The big events and moments are important, but the small gestures contribute to the quality of our lives.  Understanding this goes a long way to the making of an interesting life.


A few weeks ago I treated myself and participated in workshop with Lana Privitera.  It was refreshing to be a participant. I hadn't participated in a workshop in more than six months because I've been too busy teaching and dealing family issues. Normally I would attend a couple of workshops per year.


Lana is a generous, informative and inspiring teacher. Her workshop was amazing and enlightening. I am delighted to have been able to be a part of it.


I completed my painting for that workshop a couple of days ago. Here is my painting:

Vase of Cosmos - 16"X12"


The preparations for my upcoming solo show continue. I hope that you have marked your calendars.







In just one week, many of us will be gathered around a tree, creating memories and reliving memories.

May your Christmas holidays be filled with joy,


Danielle







p.s. here is a painting of my grand-daughter.  This was my Christmas card this year ;-)




Comments