Busy week

I was off work the past week to ensure I was fully rested for the two art shows that were back to back and that I could do some gardening. The week didn't go as planned. I ended up doing a number of activities that were unplanned such as additional volunteering and completing some presentations for work.  It's amazing how fast time flies when you have so much to do. I guess the mark of a successful week off is that the days have flown by, but the week felt satisfying and full.

In addition to running around, I was fortunate to spend extra time with family and friends.

Luckily, there was a bit of time remaining for watercolours, but not as much as I had hoped for. I was able to finish my first horse and I also paint five new small paintings since I sold a few last weekend.

Danielle Beaulieu watercolour of horse
The birds are only 5" X 7", while the fish are 4" X4". They didn't take that long to paint but were fun to do.

The last two days have been spent in the garden. It's unbelievable how much the weeds grow fast in the spring. It's almost as if they grew while under the snow.  Soon I'll be torn between wanting to paint and wanting to garden.

This weekend I'm at the Nepean Fine Arts Show.   My new paintings above are hanging in my booth. I hope to have some time to start a new painting during the quiet periods of the show.

Have a great week,
Danielle

Comments