Watching Loons

If there is one thing that I adore while canoe camping, it is watching loons. When I see them, it's such a thrill to observe them passing by or fishing. It's a bit of an incurable obsession, as anyone who spends time on a lake will know. There is something about seeing these graceful birds cruising about their watery world and hearing that wail echo across the waters on a still night.


Last summer my husband and I had the immense pleasure of canoeing within a few feet of an entire flock of loons. As we got closer, we stopped paddling and let the canoe quietly glide near the flock.  I was fortunate to have the opportunity to take close up photos of a number of the loons.

From these photos, here are a four new paintings. Since most of my recent paintings require many hours of attention and have a number of details, these simplified paintings were a charm to produce.  I'll probably paint a few more in the coming weeks.

These paintings will be on sale at the next show that I'm participating in on Thursday November 8th.  The show is entitled "Wall Candy".  The vision of "Wall Candy" is to have a show that is affordable to have artists participate in and yet to be in a locale that would be convenient for as many people as possible

This art show is scheduled for Thursday, November 8th,  2018 from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM at the Horticultural building at Lansdowne.



Have a great week
Danielle

Comments