Loony week

Anyone who’s heard a loon call will tell you it’s one of nature’s most hypnotic, mysterious and beautiful sounds.  Its haunting yodel can be heard across a large lake. Like morning chimes or an evening serenade, a loon’s call gently wakes us up in the morning, and tucks us in at night.

Did you know that Canada has 95% of the world’s global loon population with about 500,000? 

One of my favorite moments during camping is sitting on a rock by the lake listening and observing loons fishing and interacting with each other.

This past week I painted a few more small watercolours of loons for the upcoming outdoor art show in Val-des-Monts May 25th and 26th. This was a good break from painting intricate and complicated subjects.



I'm proud that last week, my recent painting of silver items won second place in the watercolour category at the Ottawa Art Association award show.

Now I'm onto a new project that will take me at least 3 days just to draw out and who knows how many hours to paint.  Let the fun and the challenge begin.

Have a great weekend

Danielle

Comments