Hens and Chicks

Hens and Chicks ( also know as Sempervivum) are resilient perennial succulents that make striking outdoor plantings. They are super easy plants to grow. I love to insert them between rocks.

I have always had an attraction for “hens and chicks”, one of the attractions is how diverse they are There exists many cultivars and colors. There are hundreds cultivars available in Canada. Their colours range from yellow, top orange, red, purple and near black along with greens and silvers. The most popular around here are greens, red and purple.

A few days ago, I decided to try painting some that I have growing in cracks of large rocks.

This small 9" X 12" painting is now sitting on my easel to see if there is anything else I need to do to it.




Now I need to decide what to paint next.  I want to paint a large one (36" wide) but can't start until the paper had dried in a few days.  I have to wet the paper from the big roll to get it flat.

Have a great week,

Danielle


Comments